Update: June 22, 2022
We are currently receiving a large number of requests for your next trips and our response time is consequently extended. We thank you for your understanding.
The situation in Ukraine also leads to changes in the program of our company and its partners. Aircalin has implemented exceptional commercial measures on its entire network and offers you more flexibility.
If your flights were booked through a travel agency or a third-party website, please contact your point of sale directly for more information.
For all Aircalin tickets (ticket number beginning with 063) purchased at one of the company's sales outlets or distributors, here are the updated conditions:
Specific commercial measures
A. Voluntary cancellation or postponement of your reservation
I waive my right to travel and wish to:
1. A modification
A modification of my travel dates remains possible according to the fare rules of the contract.
2. A refund
My ticket is refunded immediately and any penalties are those of the initial fare contract. A la carte services" remain non-refundable.
3. A voucher
In the event of voluntary cancellation, the ticket may be kept, within the limit of its validity, as a voucher without charge for the programming of a future trip.
B. Involuntary cancellation
In case of flight cancellation by Aircalin, the following options are available to you
- change of dates without charge
- retention of the ticket for future use within the limit of its validity date.
OR (via the refund form available here) or via your travel agency if the ticket was not issued by the Aircalin Agency
- free and immediate refund
- request for a voucher valid for 12 months.
Due to a positive case of Covid before departure
In case of denied boarding or inability to travel due to a positive test for Covid19, the ticket may be credited, postponed or refunded.
Please note that in the case of denied boarding due to non-compliance with the rules of entry into the destination country (lack of visa, government health authorization, etc.), the fare rules for the ticket purchased will apply in the case of a deferral or refund.
Tickets purchased through a travel agency
If you purchased your ticket through a travel agency or tour operator, regardless of the option you chose, please contact your point of sale, which will process your request for a change or refund.
If your point of sale fails to act, we would be grateful if you would file a refund request online so that we can follow up on your request and take action.
Refers to flights cancelled by Aircalin or inability* to reach destination between June 1, 2020 and November 30, 2021 due to the Covid-19 measures and the suspension of international flights.
- You may reschedule travel dates without a modification fee, for any new dates in 2022,
- without fare adjustment if your new departure date is no later than March 31, 2022 and subject to availability in the same travel class.
- with fare readjustment at the applicable level if your departure date is from April 01, 2022.
- Otherwise, the unused full value of your Aircalin ticket remains available as a credit under the following conditions:
- 1 year validity from the date of the canceled flight
- Usable for any purchase of a new Aircalin ticket on the same or another destination.
- Example: Your flight of 10/15/2021 is canceled. The unused value of your ticket remains available for any new reservation and issuance of Aircalin tickets made no later than 10/14/2022. Since the flights are available in the system at +355 days from the reservation date, the maximum date of the last flight used with the credit will then be October 4, 2023.
- This credit will be refundable at the end of its validity (1 year after the date of the canceled flight) for the total amount if it has not been used or the remaining balance if it has been used partially.
* this impossibility means: any restrictions on departure on departure, entry or transit in the country of destination or stopover; the limitation of individual trips likely to compromise the stay; the cancellation of the event, for a reason related to COVID-19, which justified the trip.
What should I do?
- To postpone your travel dates, you must contact the point of sale where you purchased your ticket.
- To benefit from your credit, simply keep your ticket number which can be reused at your point of sale during your next reservation, or be reimbursed at the end of its validity (i.e. 1 year after the date of canceled flight)
You can choose to renew your support to Aircalin by extending your credit for a period of validity of 2 years, which will increase its value by 10%. You will then have a new non-refundable document that can be used to purchase one or more Aircalin tickets on Aircalin flights.
If you are unsure, Aircalin also allows you to extend the validity of the current ticket or credit note by 12 months. The latter will keep its initial value and will remain refundable. It can be used for a new Aircalin ticket on one or more Aircalin flights.
You may request a refund of the value of your ticket or credit note. Your refund will be processed according to the eligibility periods, free of charge, and credited to your account as soon as possible.
Tickets purchased through a travel agency
If you purchased your ticket in a travel agency or through a tour operator, regardless of the option you chose, please contact your point of sale, which will process your request for modification or refund.
In case of difficulty with your issuing point of sale, we thank you for filing a refund request online in order to ensure a precise follow-up of your request and intervene.
The travel documents eligible for refund related to the COVID-19 crisis are:
- Tickets for all destinations (except Noumea-Wallis-Noumea and/or Wallis-Futuna-Wallis) where at least one of the scheduled flights is between 21 March 2020 and 31 december 2021.
- Tickets for a trip Noumea-Wallis-Noumea and/or Wallis/Futuna/Wallis of which at least one of the scheduled flights is between 21 March 2020 and 30 June 2020 or between 7 March 2021 and 29 August 2021 and from September 07, 2021.
- Credit notes issued between 21 March 2020 and 31 december 2021.
Please note: the ticket or credit note must not have been previously used or exchanged.
The COVID-19 refund claim is permitted up to 2 years after the date of the original flight or 2 years after the date of issue of the original credit. If the credit is claimed after one year, the bonus is not refundable. In case of reissue of a refundable ticket with use of the bonus credit, if the ticket is requested to be refunded, the amount of the bonus remains non-refundable.
The applicant must have the proof of purchase (electronic ticket receipt or EMD passenger receipt) and indicate the document number and the associated name. The applicant must be able to provide proof of identity by presenting his/her passport. In the case of a group tariff, the original payer of the group will be contacted to verify their agreement.
The applicant may request, as an option:
- A 10% credit note in the passenger's name of the remaining value, including taxes, paid in full or in part in cash, cheque or credit card, non-refundable and valid for two years for the purchase of one or several Aircalin flights,
- A refundable credit note valid for a further 12 months from the date of application,
- A transfer corresponding to the remaining amount that he/she initially paid in cash, cheque or credit card.
The non-refundable +10% bonus credit or refundable extended credit will be issued in the passenger's name and forwarded to the applicant on the anniversary of the original flight, or when the original credit expires. Refund of eligible documents will be made according to the schedule and credited to the applicant's account within a few days, depending on the banks involved.
The applicant must provide for reimbursement either:
- His/Her IBAN details for French banks based in a French territory
- His/Her bank details for other banks
See the IBAN/International bank transfer section for more details.
This guide offers help in using the application form.
CAUTION: Do not forget to enclose a copy of your passport, which is the only form of identification accepted.
Ticket and document to provide
You can find your document number and the name of the passenger as it appears in your documents:
At the top of your e-ticket, as below
At the top of your passenger receipt
- Remember to attach your receipt for each reference. If there are several document numbers on the same attachment (e.g. due to the purchase of an à la carte service [comfort seat, special meals, additional luggage...]), please copy the same attachment for each reference.
- The confirmation email is not an accepted attachment. The passenger's name and the 10-digit document number must appear.
- The first 3 digits before your document number must be '063' and it is not necessary to enter it. If not, this document belongs to another airline. Please contact your sales office.
Remember to enter your IBAN or bank details (international banks). They will be mandatory information to fill in the fields. Do not forget to attach your bank details.
For foreign accounts US, AU, NZ, FJ, etc.: Do not enter the letters ABA, BSB and ACC but only the numbers separated by a blank.
For rejected transactions, the Company reserves the right to deduct the bank charges incurred from the amount refunded.